Monday, March 2, 2009

Closing the Show

Yesterday was the final performance of Music Theatre of Denton's production of Stephen Sondheim's "Company." What an amazing experience performing in that show turned out to be!

Now that the production has ended, I'm hoping to post some of my journal entries that I wrote while in the rehearsal process for this amazing show. Playing Amy, the neurotic bride-to-be, was one of the most challenging and rewarding things I have ever done, and I'll never forget her. I'm going to miss Amy, and I hope that I get to revisit her some day.

To all my fellow cast members: thank you for going on this journey with me. What an amazing experience to mark my return to the stage after a nearly four year hiatus, and how lucky I am to have worked with my husband and some of my best friends onstage!

So until next time, I will be posting about my experiences learning the role of Amy, and getting ready to start rehearsals for my next project, which will be playing Irene Roth in MTD's production of "Crazy For You!"

Did you see the show? Please, tell me what you thought (and try to be objective!).

No comments:

Post a Comment