Thursday, February 12, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to the DFW Backstage Blog!

I am hoping that this blog will serve several purposes:

1. A "performer's perspective" on the creation process of a production: the auditions, the rehearsal process, the backstage antics, etc. I've always found it really interesting (and at times inspiring) to see the "nuts and bolts" of a rehearsal process from a performer's point of view, so I'm hoping that my readers will do the same.

2. Reviews of shows and productions that I see in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex. Please note that, at least at this time, these reviews are unsolicited, and I am not being paid or coerced into writing them. I will also not review productions that I am a part of.

3. Articles and quotations that I find thought-provoking or educational about the art of performing, new productions in the works, etc.

Thank you for stopping by. This is a brand new project for me, and for a while it will probably be a "work-in-progress." If you have any questions, thoughts, or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment or email me (look over on the sidebar for contact information!).

No comments:

Post a Comment