Thursday, March 25, 2010

Actors Giving Back

Click on the image to see a larger version.

In a few days, I will be participating in something very exciting. As some of you who are close to me and talk to me on a daily basis may already know, I'm participating in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for the Cure in Dallas this November. Each individual walker must commit to raising $2,300 in order to participate.

For a still newly wed gal on a budget, that number was incredibly daunting. But, this cause is incredibly important to me, so I didn't let the fear or awkwardness of asking for money slow me down.

I had to stop and think, and ask myself some questions. What are my assets? What are my strong points? How can I use these things to aid my fundraising efforts? Thus, Headshots for the Cure was born.

Here's the official blurb:

“Headshots for the Cure is a fundraising event that was created by Mandy Rausch, an individual participant in the 2010 Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for the Cure (Dallas, TX) in collaboration with the photographers of Fresh Focus Point, a Dallas-based photographer collective. The event is being created in order to provide high-quality, professional headshots for actors, performers and/or corporate individuals with all proceeds from the event going directly towards Ms. Rausch’s fundraising goals for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. The Komen foundation is the global leader of the breast cancer movement in its goals to increase awareness; empower patients, survivors and family members; and ultimately help find a cure.”

The photographers of Fresh Focus Point have agreed to take a Sunday afternoon out of their already busy schedules and offer headshots to actors at an incredibly low price. For only $75, these folks will get 3 high-res, professional images for their personal and professional use. This is a steal, with most headshot packages going for upwards of $150-175.

Since the event was made public here on Facebook, my friends in the theatre community have really come out of the woodwork and helped me to raise....

*drumroll*

$1,275

In addition to the generous donations of other friends and family, this makes my total fundraising amount to date $2,255.

I am incredibly overwhelmed by the generosity and enthusiasm of my friends in the D/FW theatre community for supporting me and the cause I care so much about.

If you're interested in getting some headshots for yourself, please let me know. There are still plenty of slots available! Visit the Facebook event for more information.

Last but not least, I want to say a HUGE thank you to the participating photographers and the makeup agencies that will be on hand making this happen:

Lynn Michelle Photography

Engaged Studio

Simple Moments Photography

Rego Visual Arts

Imaginography

Blue Issue

The Clutts Agency

1 comment: