Friday, May 29, 2009

Indoor/Outdoor


Jessica Wiggers as Samantha and Regan Adair as Shuman. Photo by Mark Oristano, originally found at WaterTower Theatre.


Last night, my husband and I ventured out of Denton and into Addison to see Kenny Finkle's charming play Indoor/Outdoor at WaterTower Theatre.

When I first proposed the idea of going to my husband, and told him that the main character was a cat, he gave me the stink-eye. Finally I coerced him with $0.49 drinks at QT on the way there, and he conceded.


As theatre enthusiasts ourselves, we really enjoyed the production. As recent pet-owners? Fagettaboutit. Loved it.


At one point I found myself laughing until tears came to my eyes because I've been in situations with my puppy similar to the situation onstage. This is a really great, light-hearted and charming script, and the cast of four (Jessica Cavanagh Wiggers, Regan Adair, Joey Folsom and Renee Krapff) is stellar.


I know that finances don't always allow us to see all the things that we'd like to, but I highly encourage anyone who is able to find a way to go see this production.


Pertinent Info from the WaterTower web site:


Indoor/Outdoor will run May 21 - June 7, 2009 at the Addison Theatre Centre, which is located at 15650 Addison Road in Addison, Texas. Performance times are Wednesdays and Thursdays at 7:30 PM, Fridays at 8:00 pm, Saturdays at 2:00 PM (no matinee May 23) & 8:00 PM, and Sundays at 2:00 PM. Seating is reserved with NO late seating. Ticket prices range from $25 - $40* and can be purchased by calling the WTT Box Office at 972.450.6232 or online. Group rates are also available.


*psssst -- too expensive? Are you a Column subscriber? CHECK YOUR EMAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment